EXCEPTIONAL CARE WHEN THERE IS NO CURE.
When a life-limiting illness no longer responds to cure-oriented treatments, our hospice staff can provide special patient care that will focus on providing comfort and support to patients and their families, and improve the quality of a patient's remaining time.
When you choose hospice you will receive the services of a supportive team of professionals to help you address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of you and your loved ones. Nursing services are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Members of the team make scheduled intermittent visits but are available to provide support on an emergency basis if needed.
Our hospice team:
- Manages the patient's pain and symptoms
- Assists the patient with the emotional and psychological aspects of dying
- Provides medications related to the illness for symptom control and pain relief
- Provides equipment such as a hospital bed, wheelchair, walker, oxygen, wound care and incontinence supplies
- Teaches families about how to care for the patient
- Provides spiritual care
- Offers volunteers for companionship and support
- Delivers special services like Dietary, Speech and Physical Therapy when needed
- Makes short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at home, or if the caregiver needs respite; and
- Provides bereavement care and counseling to surviving family.
Hospice will coordinate the following services:
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Home infusion services
- Home X-ray services
- Non-emergency transportation
- Wound care specialists for the assessment and treatment of advanced wounds